Civil War Geography
1. Introduction- Explore the US during the Civil War
Reading Activity-> Battle Strategies
2. Map Activity
Things to Label
1. Label the names of each state.
2. Label the name of each territory
3. Put a star and label the two capitals
---> Washington DC
4. Make a dot and label Fort Sumter
5. Use a Sharpie to draw a line where Major General Winfield Scott set up a naval blockade. (The Anaconda Plan)
Things to Color
1. Color all of the Union states color #1
2. Color the Border states color #2
3. Color the Confederate states color #3
4. Color all of the territories color #4
5. Color all of the rivers and the lakes blue
---> Mississippi River
---> Ohio River
---> Great Lakes
3. Resources of the North and the South
Extending the Lesson...
See if you can complete the States and Advantages challenges.