Daily Life in Ancient Rome
- RH.6-8.1 Cite specific textual evidence to support analysis of primary and secondary sources.
- RH.6-8.4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including vocabulary specific to domains related to history/social studies.
- RH.6-8.10 (By the end of grade 8) Read and comprehend history/social studies texts in the grades 6–8 text complexity band independently and proficiently.
Notes Activity - Daily Life of Romans
DIRECTIONS: Use the websites, video and document I uploaded to explore what life was like for the different people who lived in ancient Rome.
Patricians vs. Plebeians Sources
This link is a good place to start your research about the lives of patricians and plebeians. Use it to fill in top chart on your notes. Pick 3 to 4 details from the document.
Family Roles Sources
(For the link titled Men... ONLY read the first 5 paragraphs!)
Colosseum and Gladiator Sources
Playposit Activity - Roman Colosseum
Socrative Check Activity
Exit Ticket - Daily Life in Ancient Rome
Go to Google Classroom and complete the Assignment titled Exit Ticket - Daily Life in Rome. Use your Notes to help you. Turn in when finished.
Going Beyond Activity...
1. This is the last sheet of your packet.
2. Click on the link to the right. This link will take you to a Web Book titled "You Wouldn't Want to be a Roman Gladiator."
3. Follow the directions on the worksheet to complete the activities. There are Steps to follow in order!
Quarterly Extra Credit Opportunity
If you have finished EVERYTHING in your PINK packet then you can work on this. Use the link below to get to that page of my website. There is lined paper in a blue bin under the missing assignment board if you need it!